Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ideal for grilling; however, it can be baked in the oven. Serve with a cucumber salad and rice. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skinless chicken breast halves
- Mix the yogurt, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, curry, cayenne, and salt in a large ziplock bag until well combined. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Marinate the chicken at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill over medium-high heat , about 12 minutes per side, until cooked thoroughly. Serve immediately.
Nancy, Russ and I both enjoyed this VERY much thank you. I used bone-in skinless thigh fillets (personal preferance) which I marinated for the full 24 hours, then baked in the oven for 40 minutes. They were delicious, moist and tender and went beautifully with our raita and Recipe #181101 A simple but really great meal after a long day driving.
Great chicken dish. So easy and quick to put together. THe ziploc bag makes for a quick cleanup and easy to make sure the chicken has been fully coated in the marinade. I used large breast fillet pieces, so cut them in half through. Served with some basmati rice and a shredded carrot and cucumber salad. All my family enjoyed this winner dish. Photo also posted. Made for Make my Recipe Tag Game in the Aus/NZ Forum.
I marinated all day. This was very tasty and not too spicy.