Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe from the Perricone Promise diet book. If you don't want to grill, this works great under the broiler as well.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the marinade
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 scallions, greens included, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- lemons or lime wedge (to garnish)
- Cut the skinless chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces. Place in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the yogurt, turmeric, paprika, cardamom, lemon and lime juices, olive oil, ginger, garlic, cumin, scallions, salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the cubed chicken and mix well with your hands to coat the pieces evenly. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers and cook over a medium-hot fire for 5 to 7 minutes, turning frequently. Baste the chicken with left-over marinade after turning. Serve with the lemon or lime wedges.