The name says it all for these wings. These are easy and tasty....quite spicy for the heat lovers...decrease the amounts of Tabasco and chili powder if you can't take the heat! Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons garlic granules (PLEASE don't use garlic powder or garlic salt!)
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (yes, THREE teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 20 chicken wings, wing tips removed
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl whisk together the first 9 ingredients (ketchup through chili powder).
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- Turn the bag to distribute the marinade.
- Place in a bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the wings from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Lightly brush or spray the wings with olive oil.
- Sear over direct, medium heat on the grill until well marked, 4-6 minutes, turning once halfway through searing time.
- Continue grilling over INDIRECT medium heat until the meat is no longer pink near the bone, 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with napkins.