Recipe by MizzNezz
Our favorite 4th of July cook-out ribs. Watch your grill heat and turn more often if necessary to prevent burning.
Top Review by Souchef
Thank you for a great tasting BBQ sauce, but I did change just one thing, I used just 1 tblsp. of the chili powder instead of 2, hubby can't take too much heat! He loved it, so this will be used quite a bit this summer not only on the spareribs, but chicken too!
- 6 lbs pork spareribs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg skillet, melt butter, add onion and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place ribs on grill about 6 inches from heat.
- Close hood and cook for 20 minutes; turn.
- Cook for 45 more minutes.
- Baste with sauce, cook 10 minutes; turn, baste and cook 10 more minutes.