Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Grilled Hot and Sour Shrimp With Watermelon Watercress Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard, sauce (2 packets) or 1 tablespoon other hot mustard
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, chunks (about 1 1/3 pounds)
- 2 bunches watercress, coarsely chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with the tail on
- 2 tablespoons Chinese duck sauce (3 packets)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (2 packets)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- In a salad bowl, combine the vinegar, honey and mustard.
- Add the watermelon, watercress, scallions and bell pepper and toss; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil, 2 turns of the pan, over high heat. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until pink and firm, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the duck sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce and lime juice; toss to coat. Serve on top of the salad.