Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A delicious grilling recipe that is great for both entertaining as well as everyday use. Prep time does not include marinating time, so allow time for that.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
For the Marinade
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over chicken in shallow pan or ziplock bag.
- Marinate for at least several hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard.
- Grill chicken over medium-hot coals or heat about 5-8 minutes per side or until chicken is done.
- If you desire, you may baste lightly with a mixture of water with a little oil and lemon juice mixed in.
This is very good! I marinaded overnight and then grilled the chicken for chicken sandwiches. I also served with a cucumber salad and carmelized onions. Yummy! Thank you for sharing!
This recipe was even appreciated by my husband, who is a real beef man!