Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From License to Grill, with Rob Rainford. Yum!
- 7 small fresh carrots, with stems on
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 sprigs tarragon, torn
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the tops of the carrots off leaving only an half an inch at the root. Peel the carrots and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Place carrots into a zip-top plastic bag and drizzle with sesame oil, honey, ginger and tarragon. Toss to coat and place in refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat.
- Oil the grill. Place carrots flat side down over direct heat and cook for 2-4 minutes per side. Carrots should have golden char marks.
- Remove from heat and serve.
I enjoy all the flavours. Thanks for sharing Alison.