Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious way to grill chicken on the BBQ.
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- In a ziploc, combine orange juice, soy sauce, honey, lemon-pepper seasoning, ginger, and garlic powder; Set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Working from center to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to an even thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Place chicken pieces in marinade.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade.
- To grill, place chicken on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill about 12 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning and brushing chicken with marinade once.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- (Or, place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat about 7 minutes, turning and brushing chicken with marinade once).
I like this recipe on pork. Ours didn't come out as flavorful as I would have liked. Maybe I have to marinate longer. Also, something oily in the marinade might help. Thanks. :)
We used boneless skinless chicken thighs. They were in the marinade for almost 48 hours. They were so moist and tasty. Thanks Redsie. Made for 123 hit wonders
How can I say this without sounding a stalker? I'm coming to your house so you can teach me how to cook!!! This recipe is 100% delicious!!!! The only thing I changed was to use Bragg's Liquid Aminos instead of the soy sauce and it turned out fabulous. I tossed some sliced squash and sliced onions on the grill with it and coated them with the leftover marinade. Threw it all atop brown rice and feasted! Thanks so much!!!