Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are low fat, simple to prepare and have a great flavor.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Peel and slice potatoes into wedges. In medium size bowl, toss in oil.
- Bake in oven set at 500 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix honey, wine and mustard. After the 8 minutes, remove potatoes from oven, and brush on half the marinade. Reduce oven temperature to 450 degrees and bake for 3 minutes more.
- Apply remaining sauce and return to oven to complete baking, about 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
These were so good with just the right amount of sweetness. I made with just one rather large potato since I am the only one who eats them and they cooked up perfectly in the amount of time stated. I used a white-cooking wine, but otherwise made as written. Will be making these again! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
I was a bit sceptical first because of the honey - sweet potatoes are very sweet to my taste anyway, but boy am I glad I tried this! They are so quickly made and so incredibly tasty that I was glad I hadn't more so I couldn't eat until I got sick LOL I made only one potato but used the whole amount of marinade which was just right. The temperatures and times are absolutely precise for my oven. Thanks for posting this great recipe!
Made for Smokin Hot (Diabetes Forum).
Although the title of the recipe is "Grilled", the instructions don't actually call for any grilling. But I threw caution to the wind and did it on the grill anyways. I'm glad I did!
Made with coarse-grain dijon mustard, which is much less spicy than most traditional dijon, but otherwise made as described but over an open flame. Everyone fought over the pieces where the glaze had carmelized and charred a bit. Yum!
Will post a picture as well, only got one with the entire dinner on the grill though.