Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this from BHG when searching for something to grill. Plan to try this weekend! Sounds SO good!
- Tear a 36"x18" piece of heavy foil.
- Fold in half to make it 18"x18".
- Peel skin from onions and place in center of foil.
- Mix remaining ingredients well and drizzle over onions.
- Bring up two opposite edges of foil and fold down twice.
- Fold remaining edges the same way, leaving room for steam.
- Place on an uncovered grill, directly over medium coals for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Cut and serve on grilled burgers.
Wow! Awesome, delish, yummo, died and gone to onion heaven. This is the best onions that I have ever made. I usually make carmelized onions and decided to make something different and boy am I glad I did. This has so many possibilities, all you have to do is use your imagination. Thank you, thank you, thank you
I halved this recipe and made for our burgers for lunch today. All I can say is TRY THESE SWEETIES OUT! WOW! I had some left over and we are going to have them with our sausages in spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash. Sounds wierd you say??? It's gonna be awesome!
Hello Wendy; If you have not tried this recipe yet, then I suggest that you do. I made this for a group of 30 people on Saturday, Aug. 12/06 and they devoured every bit and they almost ate the heavy foil, LOL!! I cooked 12 large Vidalia onions and adjusted the other ingredients accordingly. These turned out absolutely fantastic. I was going to make Caramalized Onions, but decided on this one and I am so glad that I did. In will be cooking 2 Vidalia onions for dinner tonite and also BBQ'ing some large Bakers Potatoes and a nice Prime Rib Roast, OH, WOW!!! Thank you for finding and posting this recipe. "Uncle Bill"