Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so good!
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled seeded, and cubed
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml honey
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh mint leaves
- Preheat grill to about med-low.
- Heat butter and honey together in a saucepan.
- Stir in the mint.
- Thread melon on skewers.
- Baste with sauce.
- Grill on lightly oiled grill 5-7 minutes, turning often.
- Can be served warm or room temperature.
This makes a nice light, yet unusual dessert or side dish. I did cut the canteloupe into large cubes and skewer them. I must say, it didn't taste quite how I was expecting...but still was good. I agree with cg that you MUST use fresh mint with this recipe. It really plays a star role in the recipe. Thanx for the recipe!
Who would have thought of grilling cantaloupe? I've grilled pineapple and oranges plenty of times, but never cantaloupe. We loved this. Please use fresh mint if at all possible for this recipe. I had to cheat and use an electric grill for cooking this. Oh, I didn't cube the cantaloupe but rather chose to slice the cantaloupe. Thanks for posting. cg