Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on the Food Network site from Rachael Ray. We LOVE it. The original suggests serving these with Five Vegetable Slaw Salad and tortilla chips. I haven't tried the salad, but I'll post anyway.
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped (about a handful before chopping)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning or 1 teaspoon coarse salt & pepper
- red onion
- sliced avocado
- 1 cup prepared salsa verde
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning blend or salt& pepper.
- Coat chicken in dressing and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Grill chicken on an indoor electric grill for 6-7 minutes on each side or pan fry over med high heat in a large nonstick skillet uncovered 6 minutes per side.
- Slice chicken breasts on an angle and pile meat on roll bottoms.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and sliced avocado.
- Spread salsa on roll tops as a condiment.
I actually got this out of Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals cookbook. Do check that chicken is done - 6 minutes per side wasn't enough. Very "yum-o"! Thanks for posting!
This made a GREAT quick dinner. I don't have an indoor grill, so I just pan fried, and they still were delish. I topped with salsa verde as suggested, and placed on a toasted whole grain bun. Made a nice healthy main course that everyone in the family complimented. Thanks, Shaye.
i needed a last min. dinner and liked that this didn't need much marinating. I doubled the recipe and used Parmesan Italian Dipping Oil (bottle product) because I was out of oils! I marinated for about 20 min. and my grilled chicken was so tender. These turned out SUPERB! I topped mine with guacamole, which was perfect! My whole family enjoyed.Your recipe was a real lifesaver for me tonight! Thanks Shaye. Roxygirl