Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
A co-worker gave me this recipe, so I thought I would post it for safe-keeping. This is a grilled chicken breast with honey and orange peel glaze served with roasted garlic and roasted grapes with a wedge of blue cheese. I have not tried it yet, but it sounds different and delicious.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts (bone-in)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange juice
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 bunches red seedless grapes
- 2 ounces blue cheese, cut into two wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the 1 tbs. vinegar, 2 tbs. oil, minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoons salt and pepper. Pour over chicken, seal bag and turn to thoroughly coat chicken. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In another small bowl, whisk together remaining 1 tbs. vinegar, honey, orange peel and 1/4 teaspoons remaining salt. Set aside.
- Separate and peel 6 cloves garlic. Place on an 8-inch square of heavy aluminum foil and drizzle with remaining 1 tbs. olive oil. Wrap foil around garlic and seal.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange preheated coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Place chicken, skin-side down on the grill rack over the drip pan. Place garlic packet next to chicken. Cover and grill for 10 minutes. Remove garlic packet and set aside to cool. Turn chicken skin-side up and brush with some of the honey mixture. Cover and grill until chicken's internal temperature registers 170 F., brushing occassionally with honey mixture up until last 5 minutes of grilling.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust heat for indirect cooking. Place chicken skin-side down on grill rack on unlit side. Cover and grill as above.
- Meanwhile, drizzle grapes with honey. Place grapes on grill rack over coals or heat. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes or until browned and softened, turning once.
- Remove chicken and grapes from grill to serving plates. Serve with cheese topped with garlic and drizzled with honey.