Cooking Light, July/August 1994.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 78.07 ml Burgundy wine or 78.07 ml dry red wine
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml unsweetened orange juice
- 1.23 ml grated orange rind
- 532.32 ml pitted quartered sweet cherries (1 pound)
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml water
- 29.58 ml honey
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skinned
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir well.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low; add cherries, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Combine cornstarch and water; stir well, and add to cherry mixture.
- 5Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- 6Pour into a bowl; set aside, and keep warm.
- 7Combine honey and lemon juice; stir well, and set aside.
- 8Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 9Coat grill rack with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- 10Place chicken on rack, and cook 25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Lightly brush chicken with half of honey mixture; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; brush with remaining honey mixture. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 11Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chicken leg quarter and 1/4 cup sauce).
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Honey Chicken With Cherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 328.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 31.0 g