Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
These are very good! I omitted the sherry when I made these as I didn't have any. I got this from Southern Living's Annual Recipes Collection 20th Anniversary Edition.
- 10 chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cut off wingtips, and discard; cut wings in half at joint.
- Combine soy sauce and remaining 5 ingredients in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade, and chill.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; add chicken, and seal. Chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Cook chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350F to 400F) 20 minutes, turning once and basting with reserved 1/4 cup marinade.