1/2 Photos of Grilled Hoisin Chicken in Lettuce Cups
This delicious appetizer is visually appealing and fun to eat. It also works as a light main course.
My Private Note
as a st ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (rinsed and patted dry)
- kosher salt
- 3 heads boston lettuce, very small inner leaves from, washed and dried (or larger leaves from 1 head Boston lettuce if serving as a main course)
- 1 cup loosely packed torn fresh basil (about 20 large leaves)
- 1 cup loosely packed torn fresh mint
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced (whites and most of the greens)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- 1 fresh jalapenos or 1 small hot chili pepper, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1Heat a grill to medium high. In a small bowl, whisk the hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. In a larger bowl, season the chicken with 1 tsp salt and 2 TBS of the hoison mixture.
- 2Grill the chicken thighs, covered, until well browned and beginning to blacken around the edges, about 5 minutes (rotate the chicken 90 degrees halfway through cooking for the most even cooking). Flip and continue to grill until cooked through (rotating again), about another 5 minutes. let the chicken rest for 8 to 10 minutes and then chop into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch dice. Transfer the chopped chicken to a mixing bowl, add the remaining hoisinmixture, and toss to coat thoroughly.
- 3Spoon the chicken into very small lettuce leaves, garnish with the basil, mint, green onions, peanuts and jalapeno slices (if using). Arrange the filled leaves on a platter and serve.
- 4alternatively, to serve as a main course, put the chopped and dressed chicken in a serving bowl. Arrange larger lettuce leaves, basil and mint separately on a platter and put the green onions, peanuts and jalapeno slices in small serving bowls. To serve, have diners spoon the chicken onto the middle of a lettuce leaf, top with the herbs and condiments, and roll the edges of the lettuce leaves up and around the filling.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Hoisin Chicken in Lettuce Cups
Serving Size: 1 (1250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 602.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: