1/1 Photo of Grilled Herbed Zucchini Halves
1 hr 15 mins
A simple side dish from the American Diabetes Association that we hope to try soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small zucchini
- 1In a medium bowl, add the red wine vinegar and the shallots.
- 2Slowly whisk in the olive oil until it is thoroughly combined.
- 3Add the lemon rind, thyme, oregano, rosemary, and mint; mix well.
- 4In a pot, bring the water to a boil.
- 5Add the salt and the zucchini and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6Remove the zucchini from the water and allow it to cool.
- 7Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- 8Coat the zucchini with the vinaigrette mixture.
- 9Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 10Preheat the grill or an oven broiler.
- 11Set the zucchini on the grill or beneath the broiler.
- 12You are only trying to reheat the zucchini, so do not let them stay on the grill or in the broiler for more than 3 to 5 minutes.
- 13Serve immediately.
- 14Exchanges Per Serving: 1/2 Vegetable, 2 Fat.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Herbed Zucchini Halves
Serving Size: 1 (597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.3
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 598.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g