Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple side dish from the American Diabetes Association that we hope to try soon.
Make and share this Grilled Herbed Zucchini Halves recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small zucchini
- In a medium bowl, add the red wine vinegar and the shallots.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until it is thoroughly combined.
- Add the lemon rind, thyme, oregano, rosemary, and mint; mix well.
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the salt and the zucchini and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini from the water and allow it to cool.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Coat the zucchini with the vinaigrette mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill or an oven broiler.
- Set the zucchini on the grill or beneath the broiler.
- You are only trying to reheat the zucchini, so do not let them stay on the grill or in the broiler for more than 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Exchanges Per Serving: 1/2 Vegetable, 2 Fat.
We enjoyed this, but I thought a cup of liquid was way too much. I cut the amount of vinegar and olive oil in half. I still thought it was a lot of liquid and next time I may cut down the vinegar as it seemed quite strong. I will definitely make this again but will use larger zucchini. I used two really small ones for hubby and I and I would have liked more! I also marinated for about 3 hours. Thanks lazyme!