Recipe by Jess Scefing
Choose your favorite vegetables, cut into bite-size pieces, season with herbs and grill. If you'd rather cook indoors, there is also baking directions.
Top Review by Fayster
Great way to cook veggies on the grill! This is how we'll do it from now on. Used yellow & orange bell peppers, broccoli florets, onion, squash and zucchini. We also put some artichoke hearts on a skewer to quick-grill them and added them to the mix.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, such as eggplant,summer squash or zucchini,green beans,red onion,and red,green,or yellow sweet peppe
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary or basil, and the salt.
- Add the vegetables to oil mixture, tossing to coat.
- Spoon vegetable mixture onto a 24x12-inch piece of heavy foil.
- Bring opposite edges of foil together; seal tightly with a double fold.
- Fold in remaining ends to completely enclose vegetables, leaving a little space for steam to build.
- Grill the vegetable packet on a grill rack directly over medium-hot coals about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning the packet over halfway through the cooking time.
- (Or, bake vegetables in a 350 degree oven about 25 minutes or until tender.) Season vegetables to taste with pepper.
- Makes 4 side-dish servings.