Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Choose your favorite vegetables, cut into bite-size pieces, season with herbs and grill. If you'd rather cook indoors, there is also baking directions.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, such as eggplant,summer squash or zucchini,green beans,red onion,and red,green,or yellow sweet peppe
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary or basil, and the salt.
- Add the vegetables to oil mixture, tossing to coat.
- Spoon vegetable mixture onto a 24x12-inch piece of heavy foil.
- Bring opposite edges of foil together; seal tightly with a double fold.
- Fold in remaining ends to completely enclose vegetables, leaving a little space for steam to build.
- Grill the vegetable packet on a grill rack directly over medium-hot coals about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning the packet over halfway through the cooking time.
- (Or, bake vegetables in a 350 degree oven about 25 minutes or until tender.) Season vegetables to taste with pepper.
- Makes 4 side-dish servings.
Great way to cook veggies on the grill! This is how we'll do it from now on. Used yellow & orange bell peppers, broccoli florets, onion, squash and zucchini. We also put some artichoke hearts on a skewer to quick-grill them and added them to the mix.
Loved it! Versatile, attractive, and easy. The only thing I would do differently next time is bake it longer -30 minutes instead of 25. I did have them in foil but switched it to a casserole so the photo would look the way I wanted it to. I have some leftovers so tomorrow for lunch I plan on making a pizza-crust from Healthy Italian Breadsticks or Pizza Crust, pesto, leftover veggies, and cheese.
I tried this recipe both ways. The first time I followed the recipe to the letter, except I used olive oil cooking spray instead of olive oil, just because to reduce the calories. The first time I baked the veggies and they turned out great. The second time, the only other change outside of the cookins spray was that I used dry Italian seasoning because I was out of basil. I grilled the veggies on my George Foreman grill that second time and it turned out delicious! I'll be cooking this again! Both times I used Zucchini, yellow squash and yellow peppers.