Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Different with red pepper flakes, balsamic, and orange zest in the marinade. From Food For Thought, Favorite Recipes of Morristown-Beard School. Several hours to overnight marination required.
- 4 -5 lbs boneless leg of lamb, butterflied
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients except for the lamb and oil, in a bowl and mix well.
- Whisk in the oil.
- Coat the lamb with the marinade in a zip lock style bag and refrigerate for several hours to overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade and add salt to the meat.
- Preheat grill and grill or broil meat 8-10 minutes on the first side and 6-10 in the second side.
- Let meat rest 6-10 minutes before carving.