Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is my own recipe I dreamed up this summer. I've got an abundance of fresh herbs and wanted to try this out. Turned out really good. I also use this mixture on grilled steaks. The amounts of the ingrediets are an estimate (I didn't measure anything out) so feel free to use your own judgment. Hope ya like it.
- 6 good sized chicken thighs
- 29.58-44.37 ml minced fresh oregano
- 29.58-44.37 ml minced fresh thyme
- 29.58-44.37 ml minced fresh rosemary
- 29.58-44.37 ml minced fresh basil
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 14.78 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- Starting with the herbs, mix all ingredients together into a rub mixture.
- Rub mixture into chicken, under and on top of skin.
- Set aside for an hour to let flavors soak into meat.
- Leave longer if you have time.
- Preheat your grill to HOT.
- Once the grill is heated, lower the grill temp to medium then grill on indirect heat with grill closed for 20-30 min or until juices run clear.
Oh this is soooo good! I have several types of fresh herbs I grow in pots on the back deck and this fit the bill!!!! The flavor of the combination of herbs were so delicious.. I didnt' change a thing with this recipe.. The only thing I might do is go a little less on the salt. I think its important to let the herbs sit on the chicken and between the skin and meat for an hour as stated. I made this with grilled corn on the cob with basil butter and a few grilled summer squash. caesar salad on the side.. I will make this again .. thanks L. Duch for the great post.. I'm always looking for new ways to use my fresh summer herbs...
Delicious! Oiled the thighs with a bit of olive oil before putting the rub on ... excellent! Thank You ...
I was making pasta Alfredo and wanted to put chicken in it but was unsure what to do with it. I dumped all the spices into a plastic bag and shook the chicken up in it. I let it sit in the fridge for about an hour then grilled it on the stove in a grill pan. Sliced it into thin strips and served on top of the pasta. It was the perfect compliment. Thanks for the great recipe.:)