Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
A wonderful recipe from Barefoot Contessa, comfort foods preparer extraordinare!!! This smells devine on the grill.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined (16-20 per pound)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, small diced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Combine all the ingredients and allow them to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature (or cover and refegerate for up to 2 days).
- Skewer the shrimp. 3 to 4 shrimp on a 12 inch skewer.
- Heat grill and brush gill with oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill the shrimp for only 1 - 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
Great tasting recipe. Nice and garlicky. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Absolutely wonderful! I made half the recipe to serve alongside steak. I used 1 tsp dried basil and 2 tsp dried parsley since I did not have fresh spices. It was still awesome. Only problem now is that the kids are starting to enjoy seafood so we have to share - dang it!
i had to use dry parsley and basil ( i know sorry!!!) but that's all i had on hand. i also had to pan fry it since i have no grill. i think pan frying it was a mistake or maybe the fact that i threw everything into the pan including the marinade because it turned out too salty even tho i followed the salt part exactly. great flavor but i know the salty part is because of the marinade being thrown in w/ the shrimp into the pan. so lesson learned next time i'll just discard the marinade before throwing it into the pan. can't wait to try it w/ the fresh ingredients. but this will definately go into my favorites.