Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great way to fix garlic bread. My family loves it. From Bon Appetit.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 loaves crusty bread, halved horizontally
- Prepare grill for cooking.
- Heat butter with garlic and salt over moderate heat, stirring, until melted. Transfer to a bowl and cool. Stir in parsley and pepper to taste.
- Brush cut sides of bread with half of garlic butter. Grill bread, cut sides down, 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 2 minutes. Turn bread over and brush with remaining garlic butter. Grill until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Herb-garlic butter can be prepared 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Melt before proceeding.
Just loved this with our pizza using recipe #122128. I melted the butter and used fresh parsley from the garden and I split my small french roll in 2 length wise and then cut each slice in 3 and dipped the slices into the butter and then put them under the grill/broiler until a nice golden colour and lovely and crisp, still had butter left over so have frozen to use another day. thank you lazyme, made for Went to Market.
Very flavorful! I served this bread with lazyme's Penne With Sausage, Peas and Mascarpone which proved to be a great combination. Although I did use unsalted butter, a full tablespoon of kosher salt was too salty for our taste. Next time, I will cut the salt down to one tsp. Thanks again for sharing your wonderful recipes, lazyme!