Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
grilled hearts of romaine salad with pear, hazelnut and red onion... so good, you won't believe it.
Make and share this Grilled Hearts of Romaine Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 heads romaine lettuce hearts
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup dolce gorgonzola
- 1⁄3 cup lightly toasted hazelnuts
- 1 wafer thin sliced bosc pear
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- white pepper
- Cut lettuce in half lengthwise. Brush cut side with olive oil
- Place lettuce, cut side down on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes long enough to have light grill marks.
- Remove from grill and place cut side up on individual plates.
- Divide equally the cheese, onion, hazelnut and bosc pear.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Add the black pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- In bowl, whisk vinegar, honey and mustard. Very slowly add oil in an even stream and whisk until smooth and well integrated. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add small amount of water if necessary.