Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay - Show: Boy Meets Grill - Episode: Brazillian Grilling. We love this recipe, although we aren't able to eat it as much as we like! Our friends from Key West claim the pickings are slim!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 28 ounces hearts of palm, drained (2 - 14 oz. cans)
- canola oil or olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons habanero sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup arugula, washed & dried
- 2 cups mesclun, washed & dried
- chopped cashews (garnish, for sprinkling) or chopped macadamia nuts (garnish, for sprinkling)
- 1Heat grill to high.
- 2Drizzle hearts of palm with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side until slightly charred and just warmed through.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Whisk together coconut milk, hot sauce, lime juice, honey, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cilantro, and red onion in a medium bowl.
- 6Add the crabmeat, mango, grilled hearts of palm, mesclun, arugula and toss until well dressed.
- 7Mound onto a serving plate and drizzle with more hot sauce, if desired.
- 8Sprinkle with torn cilantro leaves, chopped cashews or chopped Macadamia nuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Hearts of Palm and Crab Salad With Mango
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.4
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 129.1 mg
- Sodium 2222.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 46.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: