Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay - Show: Boy Meets Grill - Episode: Brazillian Grilling. We love this recipe, although we aren't able to eat it as much as we like! Our friends from Key West claim the pickings are slim!!!
- 28 ounces hearts of palm, drained (2 - 14 oz. cans)
- canola oil or olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons habanero sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup arugula, washed & dried
- 2 cups mesclun, washed & dried
- chopped cashews (garnish, for sprinkling) or chopped macadamia nuts (garnish, for sprinkling)
- Heat grill to high.
- Drizzle hearts of palm with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side until slightly charred and just warmed through.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk together coconut milk, hot sauce, lime juice, honey, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cilantro, and red onion in a medium bowl.
- Add the crabmeat, mango, grilled hearts of palm, mesclun, arugula and toss until well dressed.
- Mound onto a serving plate and drizzle with more hot sauce, if desired.
- Sprinkle with torn cilantro leaves, chopped cashews or chopped Macadamia nuts and serve.