Recipe by MichelleIU25
My brother and I started making this when we cook out together. We seem to make it often because it has so many fresh and tasty ingredients. It's all done outside on the grill so no dirty dishes to wash up either. Easy to adjust servings. Also can be done inside with a grill pan. Play around with the ingredients. Use what you have on hand or what looks good that day at the store. The sauce can also be adjusted to your taste. If you like it sweeter add more honey, and so on. We all love it. I hope anyone who tries it likes it too!
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops
- 6 boneless chicken tenders
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottlelawry's brand hawaiian style marinade
- 1 red pepper, sliced into wide pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced into thick rings (left in tact)
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored & sliced (produce section usually has these already peeled and cored)
- 1 zucchini, sliced on bias about 1/2 inches thick
- 8 greek style flatbread pita bread
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup all natural sour cream
- 1 diced seeded tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse meat and place in bowl or big zip top baggie and pour ¾ of the Lawry’s marinade over meat. Set aside for 30 minutes, or if longer refrigerate until ready to use up to 24 hours.
- Place all sliced veggies in bowl (except onions) toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Leave the onion slices in tact after slicing and rub with oil salt and pepper.(They are easier to grill this way & after they are cooked you can seperate the rings).
- Grill meats on medium flame until cooked through.
- Grill veggies until they are nice and charred.
- Grill pineapple slices.
- Grill pitas until lightly toasted.
- To make sauce: mix sour cream, ½ cup pineapple juice, rest of marinade from bottle (not from raw meat), diced tomatoes, garlic powder, ginger, tamari soy sauce and honey. Salt and pepper to taste.
- After meat is cooked let it rest for 15 minutes, then slice it thinly and pour other ½ cup pineapple juice over the slices.
- Use meat, veggies and pineapple to fill pitas and drizzle some of the sauce on each.
- Another way to serve is to cut pitas into wedges and eat separately served with white or brown rice on the side as well.