My brother and I started making this when we cook out together. We seem to make it often because it has so many fresh and tasty ingredients. It's all done outside on the grill so no dirty dishes to wash up either. Easy to adjust servings. Also can be done inside with a grill pan. Play around with the ingredients. Use what you have on hand or what looks good that day at the store. The sauce can also be adjusted to your taste. If you like it sweeter add more honey, and so on. We all love it. I hope anyone who tries it likes it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops
- 6 boneless chicken tenders
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle lawry's brand hawaiian style marinade
- 1 red pepper, sliced into wide pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced into thick rings (left in tact)
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored & sliced (produce section usually has these already peeled and cored)
- 1 zucchini, sliced on bias about 1/2 inches thick
- 8 greek style flatbread pita bread
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup all natural sour cream
- 1 diced seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1Rinse meat and place in bowl or big zip top baggie and pour ¾ of the Lawry’s marinade over meat. Set aside for 30 minutes, or if longer refrigerate until ready to use up to 24 hours.
- 2Place all sliced veggies in bowl (except onions) toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 3Leave the onion slices in tact after slicing and rub with oil salt and pepper.(They are easier to grill this way & after they are cooked you can seperate the rings).
- 4Grill meats on medium flame until cooked through.
- 5Grill veggies until they are nice and charred.
- 6Grill pineapple slices.
- 7Grill pitas until lightly toasted.
- 8To make sauce: mix sour cream, ½ cup pineapple juice, rest of marinade from bottle (not from raw meat), diced tomatoes, garlic powder, ginger, tamari soy sauce and honey. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 9After meat is cooked let it rest for 15 minutes, then slice it thinly and pour other ½ cup pineapple juice over the slices.
- 10Use meat, veggies and pineapple to fill pitas and drizzle some of the sauce on each.
- 11Another way to serve is to cut pitas into wedges and eat separately served with white or brown rice on the side as well.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Hawaiian Pork Chops, Chicken & Veggies With Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.2
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.5 mg
- Sodium 1469.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: