Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tasty sandwich for lunch or dinner. Plan ahead, chicken needs to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 -14 ounce) bottle teriyaki sauce, divided
- 4 slices king's Hawaiian sweet bread
- 4 canned pineapple rings, drained
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices red bell pepper rings
- Place chicken in self-sealing plastic bag along with half of teriyaki sauce. Seal; marinate at least 1-2 hours, turning once or twice.
- Remove chicken from bag. Discard marinade.
- Grill chicken breasts over medium heat about 6-8 minutes on each side or until done.
- Baste with remaining teriyaki sauce while cooking, 2-3 times.
- Add bread and pineapple slices to grill the last few minutes while cooking chicken, turning once to lightly brown both sides.
- Top each bread slice with lettuce, bell pepper, chicken breast, and finally with pineapple.
- Serve immediately.
Great way to cook chicken. Easy to make and great flavor! DH forgot to get the bread so we just ate the chicken with pineapple. The chicken was marinated for about 2 hours. My kids loved this too. ZWT7 Made for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites