1/6 Photos of Grilled Havarti Sandwich With Spiced Apples
Posting for ZWT6. A variation from thenibble.com And after making myself I DID reduce the butter as Kim127 suggested. And after looking at momaphet's review and the original recipe I did reduce the sugar amount. Thank you both. Also think the caramelized onion is a wonderful suggestion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add apples, sugar, cinnamon and cardamom; cook about 7 minutes, stirring frequently until most of the apple juices are reduced and the fruit is coated with a syrup.
- 3Remove pan from heat; set aside.
- 4Place four slices of the bread on a griddle.
- 5Top each with one slice of Havarti, 1/4 of the spiced apples, another slice of Havarti, and top with the remaining slices of bread.
- 6Butter the sandwich tops.
- 7Turn over and butter again.
- 8Place griddle over medium heat.
- 9Brown sandwiches on EACH side 3 to 5 minutes, until golden and Havarti begins to melt.
- 10Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Havarti Sandwich With Spiced Apples
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.2
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 785.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 17.9 g