Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Preparation time includes time to marinate the hammour overnight. Cooking time is a guesstimate.
- 250 g hamour fillet
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon anchovy, sauce
- 1 tablespoon anchovy fillet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt and pepper
- 200 g potatoes, boiled
- 150 g green peas, boiled
- 20 g fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 50 ml milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, ginger-garlic paste, anchovy sauce, anchovy fillet, tarragon herb, salt and pepper to make a marinade.
- Marinate the hammour fillet in this for a few hours or overnight for best results.
- Grill it over the charcoal griller.
- Saute garlic in butter.
- Toss mint and greenpeas in it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash grated potatoes in a pan.
- Add milk, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg gradually until creamy in texture.
- Finish off with cream and parsley.
- Arrange the grilled hammour in the centre of your serving plate.
- Serve hot with 49ers salad (recipe posted separately) and other accompaniments such as lemon butter sauce.