Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
They called this Salisbury steak but I wasn't seeing it. Has oatmeal in with the hamburger, grilled or baked in oven. I baked this in the oven with 4 patties. It is like mini meatloaves.
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 6 slices bacon
- Combine tomato juice and oatmeal.
- Put in microwave and heat a few minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, egg, and onion to ground beef.
- Shape into six 1-1/2 inch patties ( I made 4 patties in a 9 inch pan).
- Wrap a strip of bacon around outside; secure with a toothpick.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes. This bake time may be too long for 6 patties but not 4 bigger patties. May also be cooked outdoors on a grill.