1/1 Photo of Grilled Ham With Pineapple and Cantaloupe
This recipe cooks up very quickly making it great for weeknight meals. The ham steak is lightly glazed with a honey lime sauce and accompanied by wedges of basted and grilled cantaloupe and pineapple. Serve with rice and a simple salad for an easy, quick to prepare meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the butter, honey, lime juice and nutmeg in a small saucepan.
- 2Heat and stir until well blended.
- 3Slash the outer layer of fat on the ham at 2" intervals.
- 4Peel the cantaloupe, de-seed it and cut into 6 wedges.
- 5Peel the pineapple and cut it into 6 slices 3/4" thick.
- 6Do not core the pineapple as it will make it easier to handle on the grill.
- 7Brush both sides of the ham with the basting sauce and put on a medium hot grill (about 6" above the coals).
- 8Cook for 16-20 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
- 9About 8 minutes before the ham is done, baste the fruit with the sauce and place it on the grill.
- 10Basting often, cook the fruit until it's well glazed and lightly brown on all sides.
- 11To serve, place the ham and fruit on a platter and cut thin slices across the grain of the ham.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Ham With Pineapple and Cantaloupe
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.4 mg
- Sodium 2908.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 43.5 g