Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This recipe cooks up very quickly making it great for weeknight meals. The ham steak is lightly glazed with a honey lime sauce and accompanied by wedges of basted and grilled cantaloupe and pineapple. Serve with rice and a simple salad for an easy, quick to prepare meal.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was great to make on the grill and the flavor was quite good, I did buy cantaloupe and we did serve it with the ham, but I couldn't bring myself to serve it grilled, I tried a a slice and it was to my taste, but I enjoyed the ham and pineapple without it. Made for ZWT5
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ham, fully cooked center slice 1 - 1 1/2 " thick
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 ripe pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the butter, honey, lime juice and nutmeg in a small saucepan.
- Heat and stir until well blended.
- Slash the outer layer of fat on the ham at 2" intervals.
- Peel the cantaloupe, de-seed it and cut into 6 wedges.
- Peel the pineapple and cut it into 6 slices 3/4" thick.
- Do not core the pineapple as it will make it easier to handle on the grill.
- Brush both sides of the ham with the basting sauce and put on a medium hot grill (about 6" above the coals).
- Cook for 16-20 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
- About 8 minutes before the ham is done, baste the fruit with the sauce and place it on the grill.
- Basting often, cook the fruit until it's well glazed and lightly brown on all sides.
- To serve, place the ham and fruit on a platter and cut thin slices across the grain of the ham.