Top Review by Lorac
I absolutely love this recipe! So Simple, so easy and sooo delicious. I used 2 very large garlic cloves pressed and omitted the fresh cilantro (personal preference). The sweet, garlic, spicy hot glaze was perfect with the grilled ham. I would also use this glaze again with poultry, fish and fresh pork. Thanks, Dorothy.
- 1 bone in ham steak, half inch thick (1 to 2 lbs)
- 3⁄4 cup jalapeno jelly
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill.
- In a small saucepan, heat jelly and garlic over medium heat until jelly is melted, or in a microwave safe bowl, heat in microwave oven at high power until melted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of glaze mixture for serving.
- Place ham steaks on grill over medium heat.
- Grill 3 minutes.
- Turn steaks over, brush with half of remaining glaze mixture and continue to grill another 3 minutes.
- Turn again, brush with remaining half of glaze mixture and continue to grill 1 to 2 minutes or until ham is glazed and heated through.
- Serve with reserved glaze mixture.