Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another simple dish from the American Diabetes Association that we intend to try soon.
Make and share this Grilled Ham Steak With Apricot Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup no-sugar-added apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless lean ham, 6 1/2-inch slices
- In a small bowl, mix together the jam, mustard, and vinegar.
- Broil or grill the ham slices, brushing with the basting sauce and turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Exchanges Per Serving: 3 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat, 1/2 Fruit.
- Nutrition Facts: Calories 160; Calories from Fat 46; Total Fat 5g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 1224mg; Carbohydrate 4g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 4g; Protein 23g.
This was super easy and tasted great! The glaze is so tasty, thanks for sharing!
This was quick and easy. The flavors were great together. I will make again when pinched for time.
This is SO good, and it's legal! I'm not a lover of sweet and sour as a rule but this sounded tempting so I gave it a go. It's delicious. I had no-sugar added apricot peach jam (close enough) and used malt vinegar because I couldn't find the cider vinegar. I had to use the broiler but it turned out wonderful. The flavor of the glaze it light enough to not overpower the ham yet strong enough to to give it's fruity/sweet/tart goodness to every bite. This really is made in 15 mins and it's a keeper in MY book. Thanks very much for this Vic. Made for Photo Tag.