Prep 2 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Mastering the Art of Berbecuing by Hanna H. Thomas, 1974. I'm not a fan of ham steaks but DH really likes them. I will use Splenda brown sugar blend and sugar-fee marmalade when I make this for him. I think you could make this in a skillet on the stove top.
- 2 ham steaks, precooked slices, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch powdered clove
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl thoroughly mix all marinade ingredients.
- Place ham steaks in aluminum foil barbecue baking dish and spoon half of the marinade over the surface of the meat.
- Turn over and repeat.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place foil pan over hot charcoal and pan-broil, turning often to baste.
- Ham is ready when glaze is nicely browned.