Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you searching for ways to use up leftover ham, here's a recipe you might want to try.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
What a great combo, all my favorites done up in a melted gooey swiss cheese and so easy you can make it up on a minutes notice. Flavors of Hawaiin Pizza but better. I cut it down to serve one and enjoyed it for lunch today - Think I'll like it even more using a panini press to press all together. This is going to be enjoyed often.
- 4 slices bread (thick slices)
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese, shredded (divided into four portions)
- 2 slices cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained (divided into 2 portions)
- butter, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a large skillet or cast-iron skillet.
- Place two slices of bread on a work surface.
- Cover/sprinkle each of the two slices with one portion of cheese, then one slice of ham, then one portion of pineapple.
- Finish with the second portion of cheese.
- Top each sandwich with a slice of bread.
- Melt butter in a hot skillet.
- Add the two sandwiches to the skillet; cook until cheese is beginning to melt and the undersides are golden.
- Butter the tops of the sandwiches, using a spatula carefully turn them over.
- Cook until the cheese is fully melted and the undersides are golden.
- Let stand for about 2 minutes before slicing.