Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
If you searching for ways to use up leftover ham, here's a recipe you might want to try.
Make and share this Grilled Ham, Pineapple and Swiss Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare a large skillet or cast-iron skillet.
- Place two slices of bread on a work surface.
- Cover/sprinkle each of the two slices with one portion of cheese, then one slice of ham, then one portion of pineapple.
- Finish with the second portion of cheese.
- Top each sandwich with a slice of bread.
- Melt butter in a hot skillet.
- Add the two sandwiches to the skillet; cook until cheese is beginning to melt and the undersides are golden.
- Butter the tops of the sandwiches, using a spatula carefully turn them over.
- Cook until the cheese is fully melted and the undersides are golden.
- Let stand for about 2 minutes before slicing.
What a great combo, all my favorites done up in a melted gooey swiss cheese and so easy you can make it up on a minutes notice. Flavors of Hawaiin Pizza but better. I cut it down to serve one and enjoyed it for lunch today - Think I'll like it even more using a panini press to press all together. This is going to be enjoyed often.
Such a scrumptious lunch this made, I used wholemeal/wholegrain toast slice bread, triple smoked ham, this slices of Swiss cheese and fresh pineapple and made in the sandwich press and thoroughly enjoyed the crunch of the toasted bread, the smokiness of the ham, the gooey cheese and sweet tangy pineaple. Thank you Kittencalskitchen, made for I Recommend tag game and recommended by Boomette.
A nice change from the traditional ham sand and interesting with a little sweetnes. Will make this one again, thanks Kittencal. :^)