Recipe by cookiedog
Fast and Filling and good enough for dinner. From Taste of Home Simple and Delicious.
Top Review by Kohtzy
This was really good. We made it for dinner, and followed the recipe exactly except we left off the onions. It had a really unique interesting flavor and we will definitely make again. Thanks!!
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 slices deli ham (thin slices)
- 4 slices red onions (optional)
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter one side of each slice of Texas toast. On the unbuttered sides of four slices, layer cheddar cheese, half of the ham, onion if desired and remaining ham; spread with ranch dressing. Top with pepper Jack cheese and remaining toast, buttered side up.
- On a hot griddle, cook sandwiches for 3 - 4 minutes or until bottoms of sandwiches are browned. Carefully turn; cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.