Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fast and Filling and good enough for dinner. From Taste of Home Simple and Delicious.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 slices deli ham (thin slices)
- 4 slices red onions (optional)
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- Butter one side of each slice of Texas toast. On the unbuttered sides of four slices, layer cheddar cheese, half of the ham, onion if desired and remaining ham; spread with ranch dressing. Top with pepper Jack cheese and remaining toast, buttered side up.
- On a hot griddle, cook sandwiches for 3 - 4 minutes or until bottoms of sandwiches are browned. Carefully turn; cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This was really good. We made it for dinner, and followed the recipe exactly except we left off the onions. It had a really unique interesting flavor and we will definitely make again. Thanks!!