1/1 Photo of Grilled Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwich
While watching Emerill Live tonight, Bobby Flay was the special guest. While they were cooking, they started joking around saying they were hungry and since Bobby was making a hamburger with ham and cheese, he asked Emerill if he wanted a "ham, egg and cheese sandwich" to go with the beer that Emerill provided him. I hadn't had dinner yet and my protein intake for the day was pretty low so this sounded really good. They didn't show him making it but its not that hard to figure out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add egg and fry until cooked to your preference. (Yolk can either be broke or not as to your preference.)
- 2In a nonstick pan, fry ham until warm and lightly brown. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 3On one slice of sourdough bread, layer slice of cheddar cheese, ham, slice of swiss cheese and fried egg. Top with other slice of bread.
- 4Brush melted butter on sandwich and place buttered side down in skillet used to fry ham. Brush melted butter on top. After a few minutes, flip sandwich over and fry until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 950.8
- Calories from Fat 458
- Total Fat 50.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 346.4 mg
- Sodium 2006.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 47.5 g