Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple but tasty!
- 1 (10 inch) tortillas
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup shaved ham
- 1⁄2 sweet green pepper, cut into rings
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (old sharp is best)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Lay the tortilla on a work surface, spread it with the mustard. Lay the ham on top to cover the whole tortilla. On one side of the tortilla lay the peppers, sharp cheddar and sprinkle the chopped green onion and jalepeno over. Fold the tortilla in half. Have the grill very hot, lay the folded quesadilla on the grill and press it down. Grill for about 6 or 8 minutes until the cheese melts, then flip it and grill the other side. Use a panni press if available and no need to flip.
- Remove to plate and slice in half. Spread half the salsa on each tortilla half.
This was a really good quesadilla. I loved the flavor of the green pepper and the green onion in this. I did leave out the jalapeno due to personal preference and children eating with me. My children loved it and have requested this to be a lunchbox item. I guess I could do that. I will also use less dijon next time. It seemed to be sort of dominate in each bite. I prepared these on my griddle. Thanks so much for sharing. Prepared for PAC Fall/2008.