This was the "Recipe of the Day" on my Yahoo this morning. It is from www.epicurious.com and sounds FABULOUS!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 slices country white bread or 4 slices sourdough bread, 1/3-inch-thick
- 4 ounces smoked ham, thinly sliced, divided
- 3 ounces gouda cheese, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 cup frisee, torn into bite-size pieces (about 2 large handfuls)
- 1Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion; sauté 5 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until onion is very tender and golden, stirring frequently, about 25 minutes longer.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6Butter 2 bread slices.
- 7Place bread, buttered side down, on platter.
- 8Divide onion, ham, Gouda cheese, and frisée between bread slices.
- 9Top each with another bread slice; butter top slices.
- 10Heat another large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 11Add sandwiches and cook until bread is golden brown and cheese melts, pressing occasionally with spatula, about 4 minutes per side.
- 12Cut sandwiches in half diagonally and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Ham and Gouda Sandwich W/Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.7
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 1588.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 28.8 g