Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These hearty nourishing sandwiches are filled with deli ham and cheddar and swiss cheese. With the grilled sourdough, melted cheeses and juicy ham, they appeal to all ages, grill up in just minutes, and are a meal in themselves!
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- On six slices of bread, layer swiss cheese and half the ham; sprinkle with garlic powder. Top with rest of ham, cheddar cheese and remaining bread. Spread butter over the top and bottom of each sandwich. Cook on an indoor grill or panini maker for 3-4 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
I made 1 sandwich on my George Foreman grill. I used sour dough rye bread, and the 2 cheeses make this a divine sandwich. Thanks for posting looneytunesfan. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Mmade this for dh today for lunch and he about died he love dit so much ! The sourdough adds a very unique taste as opposed to plain white bread. I had a mixture pack of deli meat so I used ham and turkey Great little, easy recipe. Thanks !
I used regular wheat bread, as it is what I had. Super yummy. Great way to use up some leftover deli meats that I had.