Recipe by Divine L
Ham and Cheese with Pear??? Seriously, I'm not crazy!! I thought the same thing you're thinking at first, but became a believer after having tried it at a brunch with girlfriends!
- 14.79 ml whole grain mustard
- 2.46 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml honey
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 1 fresh pear, cored, skinned, and thinly sliced
- 113.39 g thinly shaved ham, sliced
- 4 slice baby swiss cheese
- 4 piece rye bread or 4 piece whole grain wheat bread
- 14.79 ml soft butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first six ingredients and spread onto one side of each of the four slices of bread.
- To assemble the two sandwiches: On top of 2 slices of bread, with the mustard-mayo combination side up, layer the ingredients as follows: cheese, ham, pear, cheese – and then top with the remaining slices of bread, with the mustard-mayonnaise side down.
- Next, thinly butter the outsides of both sandwiches.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, cooking until golden brown. Turn and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.