Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ham and Cheese with Pear??? Seriously, I'm not crazy!! I thought the same thing you're thinking at first, but became a believer after having tried it at a brunch with girlfriends!
- 14.79 ml whole grain mustard
- 2.46 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml honey
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 1 fresh pear, cored, skinned, and thinly sliced
- 113.39 g thinly shaved ham, sliced
- 4 slice baby swiss cheese
- 4 piece rye bread or 4 piece whole grain wheat bread
- 14.79 ml soft butter
- Combine the first six ingredients and spread onto one side of each of the four slices of bread.
- To assemble the two sandwiches: On top of 2 slices of bread, with the mustard-mayo combination side up, layer the ingredients as follows: cheese, ham, pear, cheese – and then top with the remaining slices of bread, with the mustard-mayonnaise side down.
- Next, thinly butter the outsides of both sandwiches.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, cooking until golden brown. Turn and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
So good. I made it with freshly baked ciabatta bread and grilled it like a panini. Loved it!
These were absolutely delicious!!! Fruit and cheese are wonderfull together then add the great flavor of the ham...mmmm....good stuff. I really loved the taste of the pear. The mustard and honey mixture went beautiful with this. I had used Stoneground Rye bread from Panera Bread and had used my panini machine. It all turned out delicious. I will be making this again many times. Thanks so much for sharing DivineL
This is great!!!! I didn't think it was a crazy idea at all, that's why I tried it!! I knew this would make a great flavor combination but you don't know how good until you taste it!!! I love the slightly sweet taste of the pear with the saltiness of the ham and the cheese. The honey mustard mayo is really really good paired with this too!! Loved it, will definitely make again!!!!