Recipe by JanetSmith154
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
Wonderful! Made this for my husband tonite; he loved it. I used diced leftover ham that was frozen from Christmas, a slice of american cheese & honey dijon mustard. I omitted the tomato & lettuce. I loved the concept of grilling open faced-I knew it was done when the cheese was melted. I used butter spray, too. Thank you for sharing!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 ounces honey-roasted ham
- 1 ounce swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread honey mustard on each slice of bread.
- place ham on 1 slice, and cheese on the other.
- Grill open face on med-high griddle in butter.
- Add lettuce and tomato and close to make the sandwich.
- Serve warm with potato chips! (I prefer Art and Mary's from Wichita, KS).