Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sandwich sizzles with flavor. These go great with a nice spicy tomato soup, too.
Make and share this Grilled Ham and Cheddar Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml prepared steak sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 8 large thick slices sourdough bread (cut diagonally from loaf, about 1/2-inch thick)
- 59.14 ml grainy mustard
- 1 red onion, sliced paper thin
- 4 slice smoked ham, halved (1/4-inch thick)
- 226.79 g sharp white cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, melted
- Mix mayonnaise, steak and Worcestershire sauces, dry mustard, and cayenne in small bowl.
- Spread 4 slices bread with thin layer of grainy mustard and top with layer of onion, 2 pieces of ham, and the cheese. Spread mayonnaise mixture over remaining bread and place on sandwiches. Brush both sides of sandwiches with butter.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches and fry, turning once, until golden, about 3 m inutes each side. Serve hot.
wow this is good didnt use the onions
This is a very goood sandwich. Made it with swiss and munster cheese and it was very tasty. Made for ZWT6.
This was really good. I can't put my finger on quite what made it good. Must just be the perfect combination of flavors! Will make again! Made for ZWT6 and the Looney Spoon Phoodies!