- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 large thick slices sourdough bread (cut diagonally from loaf, about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1⁄4 cup grainy mustard
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced paper thin
- 4 slices smoked ham, halved (1/4-inch thick)
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayonnaise, steak and Worcestershire sauces, dry mustard, and cayenne in small bowl.
- Spread 4 slices bread with thin layer of grainy mustard and top with layer of onion, 2 pieces of ham, and the cheese. Spread mayonnaise mixture over remaining bread and place on sandwiches. Brush both sides of sandwiches with butter.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add sandwiches and fry, turning once, until golden, about 3 m inutes each side. Serve hot.