1/3 Photos of Grilled Ham and Asparagus Panini
Grilled Ham and Asparagus Panini Recipe from Festival Foods. This is by far my most favorite sandwich of the month. I like mine with roasted asparagus and sourdough bread. Another great option is using some melty Fontina or farmers cheese. I have also made this with thick pita bread and it adds another dimension. I love to make this sandwich for those days when you want something from those expensive Bistros, but also want to make it your own. Please try your own style and let me know how it turns out for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 354.88 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml pesto sauce
- 8 slice Italian bread (sourdough works well too)
- 340.19 g deli ham, shaved
- 12 asparagus spears, lightly steamed (Try roasting for a twist)
- 113.39 g asiago cheese, sliced with a vegetable peeler
- 118.29 ml roasted red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1In a small bowl mix garlic salt and butter together. Brush one side of each of the pieces of bread. In another bowl mix mayo and pesto sauce.
- 2Spread mayo/pesto on other side of each slice of bread. Top 1/2 of slices of bread with ham, asparagus spears, red pepper and Asiago.
- 3Top with remaining bread slices and cook in a panini grill or in a large skillet with a little extra butter (like you would a grill cheese, pressing down with a heavy pan on top.).
- 4Cook until bread is toasted and sandwich is heated through.
- 5Serve with fresh fruits.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Ham and Asparagus Panini
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 705.7
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 2297.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: