Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Jane Baker, MI in a food editor's collection of recipe favorites. This is quick and easy. There is a short marination. Tomato salsa is a nice accompaniment for the grilled halibut since it accents the fish without overpowering it.
- Place fish in a shallow dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the fish and marinate about 30 minutes at room temperature, or refrigerate, covered, 1-2 hours.
- Remove fish from the marinade, reserving marinade.
- Put marinade in a saucepan and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and let simmer until needed.
- Place fish on a gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill for 4-6 inches from medium coals.
- Cook, turning once and basting with heated marinade, 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve immediately and discard remaining marinade.
Didn't have Lemon Pepper Seasoning, so I zested a lemon and added pepper. Used fresh thyme. ( Needed a little more fresh than dried. Will add more next time.) I didn't want to cook the fish while marinating, so will also add a splash of lemon afterwards, I forgot. Very tasty Thank you so much for posting.
I followed the recipe as written. Excellent results. I did marenate the steaks in the refrigerator the required time. We loved it...a keeper