Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
Another excellent recipe from Cooking Light.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 halibut steaks (each steak should weigh about 4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- lime wedge
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple preserves
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped purple onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seeded finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) canunsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- To make the salsa: mix together all the salsa ingredients; may chill or keep at room temperature.
- To make the halibut: mix together the vegetable oil and minced garlic; brush mixture over the fish steaks.
- Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt (or season to taste with salt).
- Coat a grill rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put the fish on the grill rack; grill, covered, over medium-hot coals for 5-6 minutes or until the fish flakes; turn fish once during grilling time.
- Place fish steaks on individual plates; spoon pineapple-lime salsa over the fish.
- Serve with lime wedges.
NurseDi, this was great ! Very healthy and light. The Salsa was perfect with the jalapeno peppers. I used 1-Tbsp. fresh mint, because I did not have dried. Thank you !