1/1 Photo of Grilled Halibut With Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
Halibut is a low fat, very mild flavored fish with a firm flaky meat. It is easily available year round, relatively inexpensive, easy to grill and lends itself to almost any flavor. I found this recipe in the local Living Magazine & was intrigued by the salsa. I'm sure it would be wonderful with any mild fish such as grouper, flounder or snapper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 fresh pineapple, trimmed cored and sliced 1/2 thick (or use 2 - 15 oz cans sliced, drained pineapple)
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, rinsed, seeded & finely diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 medium orange, juice of
- 1/2 medium orange, zest of
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) halibut steaks or 4 (6 -8 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1Plump raisins in rum for 30 minutes; drain.
- 2Heat grill to medium high heat. Brush pineapple slices with oil & grill until lightly caramelized on both sides. Cool & cut into 1/2" pieces; put in mixing bowl.
- 3Combine chipotles, lime juice, orange zest & juice. Whisk in olive oil. Pour over pineapple chunks, fold in green onion, red pepper, cilantro & raisins. Salt to taste. Set aside.
- 4Brush halibut heavily with oil & grill just until fish is opaque throughout, gently turning once. The grilling time on halibut is pretty short so keep a close eye on it to avoid over cooking. *** A 1-inch halibut steak will grill up in about 10 minutes over a medium high heat. Thinner cuts and fillets can cook in as little time as 6 minutes.
- 5Serve topped with salsa.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Halibut With Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.2
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 156.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
oranges, zest of