Recipe by Mami J
This rub is flavorful and spicy with paprika and red pepper flakes. Adjust the amount of heat to your taste.Other types of firm fish, such as cod, can be used. Created for The Mixing Pot Challenge, ZWT6.
Top Review by Susie D
I liked the seasoning and thought it was well paired with mild fish. I used tilapia, didn't include the sesame seeds when grinding the spices, and opted to bake the fish. I only used 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes and would up them to the recommended 1 t next time. I like the sesame seed crust. Made for ZWT6.
- 4 halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the rub
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- salt, to taste
- assorted grilled vegetables, such as grape tomatoes, red onion rings, eggplant and zucchini, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, grind all of the rub ingredients. Place in a shallow dish.
- Pat Halibut fillets dry with paper towels.Brush both sides of fish with olive oil. Dip in rub, covering the fillets evenly. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Grill over high heat (make sure grill is well oiled before placing fish), about 5 minutes per side, or until fish turns opaque and grill marks are nicely browned.
- Serve with grilled vegetables, hummus and warm pita bread.